Friday 8 July 2011

Hello week 36!

Today I hit 36 weeks pregnant! I must say, its not as bad as I thought it would be. To be perfectly honest, I have felt better in the past week then I have at any other point in my third trimester. How great is that? Yes, I am very low on energy and am having a hard time moving around due to the size of my belly. Matt has been really great about picking up my slack though and putting in extra effort to help me out around the house. So appreciative of all he does everyday! Have I mentioned how much I love my husband?
I have also been getting Braxton Hicks contractions every evening for the past 4 days. They dont hurt too bad, just feel like the beginning of menstrual cramps. I usually just get about 3 of them and they are 15-17 minutes apart. It actually makes me a little excited when I get them because I know my body is 'practicing' for the big day. Its comforting to know that your body knows what to do.

The great news is that my sciatic pain has all but dissapeard this past week which is making all of the difference. Im wondering if Noah has just gotten too big to fit in that little spot where my sciatic nerve is. Whatever the reason, I am extremely thankful!

He is starting to feel pretty big and I dont understand how my belly could possibly stretch anymore. Everytime he stretches or moves a body part I can feel and see it. Its very strange to stare down at your belly and be able to say, "Oh look, there is his knee!"

My next doctors appointment is next week and I hear that is where they start checking to see if I am at all dialated or what not. Doesnt sound pleasant but I am still excited to hear where I am at. I also plan to ask my doctor for a new prediction on his size. Hopefully he is still holding to that whole 'you wont be having a 9 or 10 pounder' theory. We shall see!



No comments:

Post a Comment