Wednesday 10 August 2011

Are you still pregnant?

Yes.
I am.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Now that we have the million dollar question out of the way ill let you know how things are going.

I had my last doctors appointment today. I havent had much change since last weeks appointment, although this isnt surprising considering I cant really change anymore without actively giving birth. Baby is still at zero station, im dialated a few cm and there is nothing stopping him from making his entrance into the world. My Doctor did a second membrane sweep which was much more invasive this time but with better results (dont think you really want to know the details.) My uterus wasnt impressed with what she was doing and started contracting right away which is a good sign. "Hes very sensative," she says. Been having contractions on and off all afternoon but nothing regular. Once again, the hope is that this will jump start things in the next 24- 48 hours.

If not... I have my ultrasound and non-stress test scheduled for Monday morning. They will be checking for fluid levels, babies size, heartbeat and any other signs that may suggest that baby should be born sooner then later. If thats the case, I will be heading straight to the hospital on Monday to be induced. However, if it looks like he is quite safe and comfortable on the inside I will have to wait until Thursday morning to be induced. Thats 8 days from now.

Thank you to all for being supportive, saying prayers and sending me positive messages throughout the day. Some days I feel very frustrated and emotional and the last thing I want to hear are comments that come across negative in any way. But we really do appreciate that so many of you are also anxiously awaiting the arrival of our baby :)

Ill keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment