Monday 26 September 2011

I love my PVR.

When Matt and I moved into our new place we ended up getting a PVR with our new shaw plan. Were really glad we got one as it has totally revolutionized the way we watch tv. Gone are the days of having to watch a certain tv show at a certain time. Now we can tape a show, or series of a show and watch it whenever we want. Not only that, but we no longer have to sit and watch commercials. I especially have been enjoying the PVR as I can still watch shows I want even if the baby starts crying because I can press PAUSE. Love it.

It takes alot for me to want to watch a tv show regularly. But this fall season there have actually been a few decent ones that I plan to follow

Like...

New Girl
This is the one I was most looking forward to and it didnt dissapoint. Its starring Zooey Deschanel who I have always loved in films.The show is about a girl named Jess who just broke up with her boyfriend and moves in with three guys. Zooey is hilarious, quirky and adorable all at the same time. I hope this show sticks around and manages to stay funny.

Revenge
Starring Emily VanCamp, who I use to watch on a drama called Everwood way back in the day. The show centers around Emily Thorne, a girl whose father was wrongly accused of a crime by the uppity class of The Hamptons and thrown in prison when she was just a young child. Emily is now a young woman and moves back to the Hamptons to get revenge on all who were involved in destroying her dad.
It took me a while to understand what was going on while watching this show as there was so many flashbacks and things to pick up on. But I was sad when the episode was over and found myself wishing I already had it on dvd so that I could watch the next episode to find out what happens. Only problem with this show is that I am not sure how long it'll stick around. How long can they draw out revenge? The critics call this show a TV version of 'The Count of Monte Cristo.'

Parenthood
This show actually isnt new... but I just started watching the latest season. I like it so far for a few reasons. First of all, it follows several families and their struggles. Second, the actress Lauren Graham plays one of the parents and I love her. And third, one of the children on the show has aspergers and actually does a really decent job of portraying someone on the spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment