Friday 2 September 2011

Taking it easy...

I do not enjoy 'taking it easy!' I like to be out walking, socializing or at the very least cleaning up my house and making it spotless. Sure, it's fun to relax for a little while. Watch a movie... Take a nap... Have a bath... But I do not enjoy being stuck at home.

I was amazed at how good I felt 24 hours after giving birth. Maybe it was because my pregnancy was painful and exhausting, but I really did feel great once he was on the outside of me. Everyone was so surprised that I was going out for dinner, shopping and visiting with people the first week. Unfortunately, being a first time mum, I didn't realize that just because you feel good doesn't mean you should be doing lots. I paid for it the following week. I took a step back in my recovery and was told t it was because I've been on my feet far too much. So now were limiting my going out to once a day, and when I am at home my feet are up on the couch. I'm really lucky that Noah is such a good baby and doesn't require a whole lot other then to be fed, changed and cuddeled. It would be a whole lot rougher if he was one of those babies who required me to walk and bounce him all day long.

Its just no fun being invited to things and not being able to go. Or missing out on events because I can't walk for more then 20 minutes at a time. I cannot wait for the all clear from my doctor to go for a nice run on the track with my iPod. Or resuming my evening walks with the hubby. Even just cleaning my house would be great! I realize that my body just went through the brutal beating that is labour... But I'd really just like to move past that and get on with life here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment