Thursday 20 October 2011

Sleep schedule - update!

It's been about a week since we put Noah on a sleep schedule. Every night (if were home) we give him a bath at around 7pm, followed by interactive playtime, then he eats, has story time, then bed at 930. It has been working great! The last 4 days he has slept between 10-12 hours a night. He gets up twice to feed; usually around 2am and then 530am. I don't mind a bit because he eats silently then goes straight back to sleep. He now goes to bed before I do and gets up after me! Amazing! Matt and I are so much better rested. We will definitely be doing this with all our kids. We have also been swaddling him at night which is helping alot. Noah tends to rub his face In his sleep and he always wakes himself up. By swaddling his arms in, he can't do this and therefore sleeps longer!

He does still have periods through out the day where he cries for half an hour or so - but after doing some reading I found out that a baby crying for 1 hour a day at 2 months is actually on the low end. The average at this age is 3 hours a day! So I try to remind myself that while I pace the floor with him screaming. I'm also getting better at dealing with the crying because I now realize that sometimes, babies just cry and there isn't anything you can do about it but try to comfort them. It still makes me sad when he's sad, but I they to stay calm and laugh about it when possible.

Now we just need to fall into a schedule for daily naps. I'm trying to follow the EASY schedule. Sleep, eat, activity, your time (my time) every 1.5-2 hours. We'll see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment