Monday 12 December 2011

Trip to emerg: Update

So after a fairly painful weekend I went to see my doctor this morning. While in the waiting room I started feeling really lightheaded and nauseous and my back and abdomen starting hurting. It wasn't nearly as bad as Friday night, but I definitely didn't feel good. What better place to be feeling sick then in the doctors office though?

 After going through all my symptoms and talking about issues I have been having all the way back until May of this past year, my doctor believes that I have an ulcer at the back of my stomach. This would explain the intense back pain, nausea, sore abdomen and why its most often occurring at night. I have been put on a medication for the week to see if my symptoms improve and I should notice a difference within a couple days. If it works, I will be on the medication for approx. 2-3 months to fix the ulcer. If the medications doesn't work, then its most likely a gallbladder issue and I will need to get some other tests done (mainly an ultrasound.)

I'm hoping the medication will do it so that I don't have to worry about this anymore. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Its been greatly appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment