Friday 27 January 2012

Sisterhood Everlasting


Just finished reading the latest installment of The Sisterhood of the Travelling pants series. I haven't tore through a book that fast in a long time! Every spare moment I had I was reading it.

For those who have loved the past books, this story picks up 10 years after the last one. The girls (sorry... woman) have all gone different directions in their lives. Bee has been living with Eric, Carmen is a semi-famous actress living in New York City, Lena is teaching art classes and Tibby is off in Australia doing who knows what.

I have to warn you - the book starts out rather tragically. If it wasn't for one of my dearest friends (who has always shared the sisterhood love with me) convincing me that it would turn out okay I think I would have just closed the book and stopped reading. I was that upset. But as my friend said, it got better. I've never enjoyed the Carmen story lines and continued to find her pages kind of boring, but I couldn't find out fast enough what was going to happen with the others. You'll see most of the same characters including Eric, Kostos, Effie and Brian as well as meet a few new ones.

The end was really kind of perfect for the most part. The series left the characters where I wanted them to be. I felt like I could say goodbye and know that they will live happy lives. And yes, I do realize I sound very emotionally attached to the characters. The truth is, I am. I read this series throughout my teenaged years and kind of aged with them. And i think it's pretty cool that they are at a similar point in life as me.

So, if you were a fan of the other books, you will probably love this one too. Like me, you may be pretty upset at the first couple of chapters, but push past it. It gets so much better :)


Love you Ally ;)

“Love is like war: Easy to begin. Hard to end.”

---------------------------------

One little warning. Since the book takes place when the girls are almost 30, the content is a little more mature then the other books. Just as the original stories were about and meant for teens, this one is about and meant for adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment