Saturday 24 March 2012

Last day of California

Monday was our final day in California. The hot sun was back and was making it even harder to pack up our bags and store them in the luggage room of our hotel before we headed out to the parks. Our flight wasnt until 730 that night so we wanted to utilize all of the day we could.

We first entered Disneyland to do some last minute shopping. The park looked like it was going to be crazy busy that day and I was thankful that we had chosen to attend the week before. That being said, there were Disney characters everywhere. I literally counted 7 of them in front of mainstreet.



We exited that park and walked across the path to California Adventure as that was where we still needed to see a few things. (Thats what I love about Disneyland Resort - the parks are a minute walk from eachother!)



We got a few pictures in the Disney back lot and went to Turtle Talk with Crush. Noah fell asleep so while the others saw Muppets 3D I sat with him in the sunshine and watched Mickey dancing around on a stage across from me. He moved pretty good!



Then it was off to the main event. Aladdin! This is probably the biggest show at the Disneyland Resort with its very own full scale theater. Its a shortened Broadway version of the movie (about 45 minutes long) and it is extremely well done. The Genie is beyond hilarious as he is always up on the latest pop culture cracks.



From there we grabbed a snack and headed back to our hotel to grab our luggage and catch our shuttle. From the highway I could see the top of Matterhorn Mountain and the Grizzly River Run and it made me sad. I just had to remind myself that my family is a little Disney crazy - and we would be back in the not too distant future.



It had been a fantastic week and the memories will be with me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment