Thursday 19 July 2012

... how does your garden grow?

I have been toying with the idea of growing 'something' on the deck of my townhouse. Not flowers - we just don't get along. I don't have alot of space to work with, but I like the idea of growing and producing something that I can use in my cooking and baking. The question is, what can I grow that takes up minimal space and is relatively easy to maintain?

LOVE this - takes up minimal space!

I wouldn't mind growing a few herbs; such as chives, rosemary, thyme or oregano.
I'd also like to grow a vegetable or two, if possible. I know tomato's are easy, but neither my husband or I like them so that's out. Does anyone have some suggestions as to an easy vegetable to grow in a small space?

Would nice to have two boxes like this for my deck with a veggie each.
Do any of my blog readers grow anything on their decks or porches? I'd be interested in hearing your experience or suggestions. Thanks in advance :)

1 comment:

  1. You might want to try some bush beans. They grow fairly fast and you don't need anything for them to climb up. Also, beans add nutrients to the soil, so if you grow something else there next year, it will be even healthier.

    ReplyDelete