Monday 30 July 2012

So much to do, so little time

I get overwhelmed easy. It's just my nature. I tend to make things a much bigger deal then they are which turns me into a giant stress ball. Right now I've got two things on my brain; getting ready to go camping and getting ready for Noah's 1st birthday. Of course I just happened to plan those two events within a week of eachother. Nice work genius.

I have been camping for many many years, but this is the first time I will be taking a young child. Not only that, but it's my husband and I's first camping trip together (in a tent.) For the last 15 years or so my family camped in the family trailer which makes packing and meal times a real cinch. This time we need to pack everything! I just know I am going to forget some extremely important item, like a lighter or something. But as I keep being reminded... were going to Cultis, not the middle of nowhere. We can easily drive to a store if need be. It'll be fine. I really love camping and I am looking forward to it. I guess it's just the anxiety of the unknown.

The other stresser, Noahs birthday party. I think in this case I am just making it a much bigger deal then it is. Too much pinterest perhaps? We are doing a Mickey Mouse themed party at my parents house. I spent hours hand making mickey shaped invites, planned out colours right down to the cupcake wrappings and have visualised the set up. I still want to make a flag that says 'Happy Birthday Noah' but I may need to just let that go. I need to follow my own blog advice and stop trying to be such a perfect mommy. He certainly isn't going to remember how it all looks and it's not worth the stress that I am causing myself.

I just like things to be well organised and go according to plan. I'm not so great at the 'fly by the seat of my pants' attitude. Yes, I like to be in control. Because I know that If I am in control then things will get done. Nothing frustrates me more then a bunch of people wanting to get something done but sitting around and not doing anything about it.

Time to wrap it up...I'm starting to rant. This is what happens when I get stressed. Sorry I have nothing of great importance to share with you today. You are simply on the receiving end of Carolyn venting.
Thanks for listening :)

PS - our little goober has gotten super good at standing on his own. What a big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment