Wednesday 1 August 2012

From baby to toddler

Well, it's happened. Noah has taken his first steps! Of course he chose to do it on the one evening that daddy was out of the house. He was exhausted and grumpy and all he wanted to do was have me hold his hands and walk him around our house. My back was sore from doing it all day so  instead I plunked his feet down in front of me and waited to see what he'd do. He balanced himself well and reached his hands out to me, wanting me to grab them and help. I felt a little bad, repeatedly telling him, "You can do it!" and refusing to grab his hands.

And then he did it.
One step... two steps... three, four, five and right into my arms. He hugged me tight while I shrieked and congratulated him on this milestone acheivement. Then of course, I made him do it again. And again.

Have we really reached that time already? I carried this little baby in me for over 9 months. I nursed him, stayed up all night long with him and carted him around on my hip for the past 11.5 months. He has been so dependent on me his whole life for everything. And now, soon, he will be walking around all on his own.

Time sure flies.
It's almost been a year since I had him and it feels like it was just yesterday. I can't remember what our lives were like before he came along, and I certainly wouldn't want to go back. He has been such a blessing and has taught us so much about ourselves,  about love and about our Heavenly Father.

Congrats on your first steps Mr. Noah! We love you!




-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I didn't get any photos or video of the event. I was much too busy living in the moment and watching him with mommy pride.

When I manage to capture it I will post it :)

1 comment: