Monday 24 September 2012

Insomnia.

Ugh, lack of sleep is the worst.

I've been having a hard time sleeping lately. Just can't seem to get comfortable and find myself tossing and turning all night long. I think this has made me overtired which makes it even harder to get into a good sleep pattern.

Last night I finally found myself drifting into a deep sleep only to be awoken by my toddler crying from his crib. By the time I got to his bed his cries had elevated to screams and he clung to me and I could feel his wet tears all over my shoulder. Poor dear was popping yet another molar.

He settled down after the Tylenol kicked in but he then decided that he didn't want to go back to bed. He kept pointing to go downstairs but that wasn't about to happen at 3:30 in the morning. Hubby and I felt so bad for him that we took turns walking the upstairs hallway and reading him stories before eventually putting him back in bed. Pretty sure we fell back asleep before he did.

The positive of this story is that I got to sleep in until 8:30 this morning. Hubby however, did not.

I am greatly looking forward to our vacation that is happening oh so soon. We are sharing a 2 bedroom suite with my family, which means Noah will get in lots of Nana, Papa and Uncle time. He loves his family. And I love a bit of a break :)

Ps - here is a video of Noah from yesterday. Right now he is REALLY into his singing puppy that he got from his Nana last Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment