Tuesday 27 November 2012

Double Strollers & Baby carriers

Okay mamas of multiples (and by multiples I do not mean just moms of twins... although I welcome your suggestions as well) I need advice!
As I look towards the arrival of our second child and ponder the few purchases we plan/want to make, I'm curious to know what you who have been through this did.

First of all, double strollers. This is one thing we plan to get as we will end up having two under two for a while. Even though our son Noah can walk very well, If I am out at the mall or we are doing a day trip/vacation he is not going to be able to walk all day. We love the single jogging stroller we have now (Graco Orbit) and we plan to keep it, but I don't think a double jogger is really going to be necessary for us. We are seriously considering the Graco Ready to Grow double stroller that changes in multiple ways and accommodates both toddler and infant well. It's also priced at around $180 which fits my budget quite nicely. However, I am willing to do some craiglist hunting to buy something more top of the line if I can get it for a good price. Thoughts? What did you use?

The other question I have is in regards to a baby carrier. I didn't look into them too much with my first because my two hands were pretty much always free to hold him if need be. I also was scared off quickly by going into a store one day and asking about a sling and being told that they are highly dangerous and should be avoided. I'm not someone who hikes, so I don't need a super heavy duty carrier that is comfortable to wear all day long. I just want something to put baby in that will keep him/her close to my body while I move around the house with a toddler. Again, what did you ladies use? Or am I ridiculous in thinking that I'd use one of these?

PS - if any of you out there are cloth diapering mommas and can suggest a good diaper sprayer I am in the market for one of those too.

PPS - I just finished my entire Hawaii 2012 vacation video in an hour. Go me!!!

Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. I will just agree with ali in regards to the carriers, except for the slings. I've never tried a good sling. Went from bjorn for 0-4 months and then the Ergo after that. LOVE them both. A lot. I've even held a 40lb kid in the Ergo. I would say we got way more use out of our bjorn though as they are carried a lot more when younger.

    IN regards to strollers, the double we have used probably a minimum of 3 times a week for 3 years is a jogging Schwinn one. Don't know the exact kind but it is great for daily walks and when we go places like Playland etc. However, it is not great for maneuvering indoors other than grocery stores:) We paid just $125 for it second hand and it has been one of our best purchases ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies!
    A friend through our church had an extra brand new ergo so I am buying that off of her for a great price. Planning to get the newborn insert so I can use it with a young baby :)

    Still don't know what to do aout the stroller though. Everyone likes something different and I really don't want to spend a ton of money on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carolyn - I'm one of your silent blog "stalkers" :)
    I have to say I really love my moby wrap.... it was so good until he was about 6 months... he loved it and it was comfy for me. I used it at home, out for walks, helping with church functions, and... travel/airport/plane. We then moved on to the Ergo - which we like. My husband wore it more as Alec got bigger (in the summer... he was 1 in June) ...
    I"m in the same boat as you - I have a 17 month old and am due in 2 months with our second... still trying to decide on the stroller issue. I have a UppaBaby Vista and a 2nd seat can be bought for it... it looks a bit squashy but we'll see.
    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete