Friday 2 November 2012

Lazy mom

Lately I haven't felt like the best mother in the world, at least not to Noah. Although my nausea has pretty much disappeared at this point, I am still exhausted and find I just don't have the energy to get down on the floor and play with my son as much as I should. He's watching more TV then I would normally be okay with and often I just feel like laying on the couch instead of taking him outside to play.

Before when he napped it was usually my time to get things done, like cleaning and tidying up. But right now I'm using it as time to either sleep or put my feet and relax.

It makes me feel so guilty! I know pregnancy is temporary and this fatigue I am feeling right now will probably go away for the most part in the next couple of weeks, but in the meantime I am just such a slacker! I have managed to cook dinners again and keep my house in somewhat of a working order and that alone feels like an accomplishment.

My poor husband has been working overtime for weeks now. It sucks for me because it means I am totally on my own until Noah is asleep. But it also sucks for him. He doesn't get to see Noah and he comes home to a mess of a house.

I definitely don't feel like a great house wife at the moment.


1 comment:

  1. i so understand that feeling! it's sucky, but it's temporary and you can take heart in the fact that you're being an amazing mom to little #2, and no one ever died from a few extra days between vacuuming ;)

    ReplyDelete