Friday 9 November 2012

The blessing of HELP

I've been doubly blessed this week.

Today I enter week 13 of pregnancy. Bye bye first trimester and hello second trimester! Usually this means moving onto feeling your best, but I'm not quite there yet. I feel like I am at the peak of my exhaustion and I am still dealing with nausea from time to time. I've also been dealing with a stupid cold bug that had come back for a second round.
My doctor said the only way I was going to get over this exhaustion and bug was to rest as much as possible. Easier said then done when you have a very active one year old.

But as I mentioned, I've been double blessed this week. Yesterday my mom took Noah out for the morning so I could do nothing. It was hard for me as I looked around at my disaster of a house and thought of the million things I could do to improve it. But I resisted and layed on the couch for a majority of the day. My hubby came home to nothing but leftovers for dinner and then sent me upstairs to relax in the tub while he tidied the kitchen. Yeah, I know, I'm really lucky...

Then today, a family friend came by and entertained Noah all morning long. I was able to rotate between light housework for half hour and then putting my feet up for half an hour. Noah had a wonderful morning of fun and I got more accomplished then I would have in a week. Seriously, my house looks pretty good. Such blessings!!!

I don't think people truly understand what a help something like that is until you are on the receiving end of it. I wish I had offered to help out others like that more before I had a family. I should still try!

Anyways, just had to share. The little one should be waking up anytime now and I may just have the energy to take him out for a bit of playtime and figure out something for dinner.

PS - Hubby is done overtime. I love it when he is around. Yet another blessing... Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment