Friday 14 December 2012

Devastated

I don't even know what to say. But my heart aches so strongly for those affected in CN today that I feel like I have to at least acknowledge what has happened and try to piece together a few thoughts.

Many people are asking what's wrong with the world? And why would God let something like this happen? And I find myself thinking, "You don't want God around!" He's been pushed further and further out of our school systems, governments and in just about every other way because people don't want anything to do with him. But when tragedy strikes somehow it's 'where was He? And how could he let such a thing happen.'

This world has become an incredibly scary place. As a child I never grew up worrying that a shooter would one day come to my school and open fire. Now children have to rehearse lockdown drills just in case. How terrifying! This is the reality of the day and age we live in.

The whole thing makes me want to move to a cabin in the middle of nowhere with all my loved ones, homeschool my children and try to hide from the world. But I know that's not the answer (although it does make me think even more about the idea of homeschooling...)

So how do we stop this? What can be done to make this world a better and safer place? Sadly I don't think there there is a solution, because everyone has got that sin nature in them. Our society teaches us that we have the power and the right to do whatever we want and to 'look out always for number 1.'

Those of us who are Christians believe otherwise. There is a greater purpose to life and we know we are not number 1. God is number 1, and He has a plan for every single person. But not everyone wants to be a part of that plan, and being the loving Father he is, he lets everyone choose.

We'll be praying for those families and all those affected by this great tragedy. And I pray that they can find strength and some kind of hope from God, who is waiting with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment