Thursday 14 February 2013

Bye bye bottles!

I am happy to say that Noah is OFFICIALLY completely done with bottles!

I originally had a goal of making those history by his first birthday, but felt a bit of guilt doing it since he loved them so much. They were a definite comfort thing for him and it just felt so wrong taking them away.

For the past few months I have been really working on getting him use to sippy cups and slowly eliminating his bottles. The first to go was his afternoon bottle, which he always got after waking up from his nap. He has come to like having water or majorly watered down orange juice between meals so that is what he now gets.

Then we took away his evening before bed bottle and gave him his milk with his supper. Last to go (just this week) was his morning bottle. He loves Cheerios with milk and I still give him a cup of milk to drink at the breakfast table.

He isn't getting quite as much milk in as he was, but I'm not concerned because he loves his dairy and eats tons of yogurt, cheese, etc.
He was obviously ready for the switch too because he hasn't even asked for them, which makes me feel a lot better about it.

I am so excited to throw out all our well used bottles and lids and buying all new ones for baby Asher! It's just fun getting new baby stuff isn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment