Saturday 9 March 2013

Hello spring!

What a gorgeous day here in the fraser valley! We opened up the windows to let in all that fresh spring air and Noah got to enjoy lots of outside time. Matt rearranged our living room furniture back to the spring/summer format which frees up the glass sliding door for BBQs and playtime on our deck.

We did a Walmart run this morning and bought our 3rd or 4th container of strawberries this week. Oh, and we already ate most of them. Fruit does not last long in this house! I found it difficult to walk this morning thanks to pain around my pelvic bone, so I spent a majority of Noah's nap time with my feet up on the couch. That must have helped a lot because by 3pm I suddenly turned into a cleaning machine! I honestly don't know what got into me (maybe that fresh air?) but I was all over the townhouse cleaning this, dusting that and organizing rooms and cupboards. Perhaps nesting is kicking in early! It was wonderful to feel like I had energy for a change! I am consciously eating more so maybe that's helping too.

Matt and I had a delicious BBQ steak dinner; Noah does not like BBQ food. I don't know what's wrong with that child. But he quite happily polished off two bowls of plain Cheerios with milk (I certainly wasn't going to cook him a separate meal!) I even made brownies for dessert which we look forward to enjoying later with some ice cream and a movie.

All in all, a great day! We were hoping to maybe get out to the zoo, but both Noah and Matt are fighting off a bit of a cold so we figured we'd hold off for another time. Hope you are all having a great weekend - and don't forget to change your clocks tonight!

Ps - a big congrats to the Tanis and Voros family, who both welcomed little baby boys to the world over the past 24 hours! Seriously... 2013 is the year of boys it would seem!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment